Instructor Profile

Instructor Profile: An avid runner, biker, and out door lover, Jennifer McFarland has been a educator and coach for over twenty years. She has been practicing yoga for nine years and instructing for two. She feels that yoga should be accessible to all and instructs a blend of Hatha, Vinyasa and Flow Yoga. She incorporates inspirational music, readings, and breath for a deeply meaningful and physical yoga experience. She is a certified Yogafit instructor and participates in continuing education to bring the most transformational practice to her clients.

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Final musings on Celebrating Divine Presence: Journeys into God

I have to thank Dolores for suggesting this book, it's been an incredible read. I was amazed as I read this book, that I marked most passages in the Hindu, Buddism, and Veda sections. It reminded me of several other books Dolores and I read together several years ago: Siddartha by Hermann Hesse and Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield.

I've learned so much about different religions and affirmed my belief that: (stated better in the book than I can say it!

"The most important thing in beginning a spiritual path... is to just begin. It is not necessary to have your path mapped out in advance. You could, I suppose, try to Google for directions is you really need to. Maybe have them all mapped out, too. The important thing, however, is to just take that first step with a clear intention that you want to know God or truth whatever you want to call it and that you want to live a good life in the best way possible. You may not consciously know where to start, but there is a part of you that knows just what to do. That part of you is just waiting for you to really begin." This resonates with me in the fact that we have to slow ourselves down sometimes to begin that journey, whatever it may be and also that periodically we have to check in to see where we are! It reminds me of swimming in the first triathlon this summer... every ten stroke or so, I'd have to pause to breast stroke and look up to see if I was heading in the right direction!

I latched on to this idea as all my life I've made myself too busy:
"Don't just do something, sit there!" It's the most important thing we can do ....sitting in silence....patiently.... giving ourselves a chance to listen to the deepest part of ourselves.... getting to know the deepest part of ourselves.

Infinite joy is our birthright. Infinite existence,
Infinite consciousness, Infinite Joy is our true nature.
We can run throughout the Universe searching for happiness,
searching for love, but That Joy, That Love resides in our own
hearts and the hearts of all beings in this world.

Be still and treasure that Joy within yourself.

Be still and honor the Sacred shining in the sky and the sun
and the moon and the stars and the planets the earht and the
rivers and oceans and mountains and trees.

Shining in all the great spiritual traditions of the world, in our
teachers, ancestors, parents, children and animal companions.

Shining brightly within our own hearts.

Be still and follow the sound of the flute, the sound of the holy
mantra into the inner recesses of your heart and claim that
Joy which has always been yours. With every breath you take,
every thought you think, every word you speak and with your
every action embrace that Joy and share it with the world. Let
that Joy wash over you removing all vestiges of fear and anger
and resentment and alienation.

It is time to choose. It is time to choose a world full of goodness
and truth and love and light, a world where all beings,
all nations and our Earth itself are treated with
respect and kindness and love.


No comments:

Post a Comment