Instructor Profile

Instructor Profile: An avid runner, biker, and out door lover, Jennifer McFarland has been a educator and coach for over twenty years. She has been practicing yoga for nine years and instructing for two. She feels that yoga should be accessible to all and instructs a blend of Hatha, Vinyasa and Flow Yoga. She incorporates inspirational music, readings, and breath for a deeply meaningful and physical yoga experience. She is a certified Yogafit instructor and participates in continuing education to bring the most transformational practice to her clients.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

I am currently reading a book called Celebrating Divine Presence: Journeys into God by T. Knoles et. al
I have come across many phases/passages that ring true for where I am in my current journey and want to share them here....
I've chosen Crescent Moon Yoga as the name of my business so this resonates with me...
"The crescent moon in its waxing and waning play with light, presents an inspiring picture of the heart's ability to offer unconditionally as to receive in humility and appreciation. "
The book compares different religions and refers to them as 'beads' ... one discussion on Sufism states the characteristics of a true Sufi are: "First, freedom from anxiety for one's daily sustenance; second, sincerity of action and a pure heart."
A discussion on Judaism talks eloquently about being filled with love and referring to Genesis and Jewish tradition of reading ancient scriptures over and over and being connected to the generations: "I open myself to that ancient wisdom and lit it nourish the seeds of my own light as they sprout and grow within me."
And finally for today:
An ancient Hebrew blessing:
May Adonai bless you and protect you.
May Adonai shine his face upon you and be gracious to you.
May Adonai lift her face to you and grant you peace.
As I have studied to become certified in yoga, I have discovered serendipitously an amazing journey... as I read about the Vedas and the slokas in the Gita... I feel as if I am reading passages in another Bible. It seems weird, but connected at the same time! I have come to the realization that all religions seems to be seeking the same... peace and acceptance! Spirituality is an interesting journey and I'm thoroughly enjoying it!

There is a book I'm dying to read... Jesus and the Lotus by Russill Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment